Shoot.  It looks like this new Pfizer vaccine is still based on the OspA
protein.

I am not remotely an anti-vaxxer, but having looked into the risks of chronic
Lyme when we first encountered it, I found multiple papers about
cross-reactivity between OspA and certain people's immune T cells.  (There are
specific genetic alleles that are involved, so this is not an issue for most
people, but how many people know whether they carry HLA-DR2 or HLA-DR4?)  Here
are some of the papers:

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJM199007263230402
https://rupress.org/jem/article/203/4/961/46438/Antibiotic-refractory-Lyme-arthritis-is-associated

They've probably continued to pursue OspA because there was already one
approved vaccine (withdrawn from the market), which speeds up the approval
process.  I was hoping they'd branch out into other surface proteins that don't
have this issue.

Sadly, I'll pass on the trial and wait until there's more data.

    -P