Lincoln is not an island so decisions outside our borders affect behaviors
here as well.  I cannot tell you how many times I've been buzzed by cars
going 40mph+ while walking down Tower Road or how often I am tailgated when
driving the speed limit or even 5-10mph over it.

I shared not so we could pat ourselves on the back for our own
exceptionalism but rather so we can consider how the larger trends
might affect us here and when travelling outside our little town as well as
to point out how many of our decisions reflect knee-jerk, car-centric
biases.

John