For context, the Mass. Education Reform Act passed in 1993. This legislation
eventually made Mass. schools competitive with other states with excellent to
good public schools, such as NY. I am assuming that the survey results attached
do not reflect that reform.

Since then, state curriculum guidelines and special education law has changed
many times. While special education may seem irrelevant, on average, in MA, 17%
of students get some level of individualized instruction.