I was very impressed with the work, results, and reasonable pricing from
SWAT Environmental in Lexington for their very effective radon mitigation
work for a friend in town.  SWAT's number is 978-938-4268.
<http://voice.google.com/calls?a=nc,%2B19789384268>
<http://voice.google.com/calls?a=nc,%2B19789384268>
<http://voice.google.com/calls?a=nc,%2B19789384268>

We put in a few AirThings air quality measurement (radon, VOC, PM2.5, CO2,
temp, pressure, and humidity) devices when we bought a house in Lincoln and
found a level of radon of 16, 4 times the level where the EPA advises that
it should absolutely be mitigated.  Since then we have loaned those devices
to about a dozen friends and neighbors and a majority have found levels
above 4 and some that were vastly higher.

The EPA suggests that a home with a mitigation system installed should be
checked for radon levels every two years and a home without a system should
be checked once a year.  There is a great level of seasonality to the
measurement and our plan in building a new home is to have ongoing
detection through the use of the wifi versions of the AirThings monitoring
devices.  In addition to AirThings, there are a number of companies that
make these devices.

As soon as a plan is put in place, there will be a number of donated
AirThings radon detection devices available to be borrowed through a town
office that is still to be finalized.  You can also get free charcoal test
kits through a Massachusetts program by calling the Radon hotline at
800-723-6695.

Scott Rodman

*Scott L. Rodman*
*slrod...@8500.org <slrod...@8500.org>*