Thank you Seth for your time and effort preparing such an astute and
insightful analysis.

I have been dealing with a very similar situation in Chatham where they
also have been going back and forth on a new COA building for the past
several years. And this back and forth included the consideration of
multiple locations with very similar arguments that I'm hearing here in
Lincoln. The main difference being, the Chatham building will be solely for
coa, where they already have a community and Rec Center and office space
for such in an old, "repurposed" school building.

 The building they are proposing is 10,995 square feet at a cost of
$10,667,994, roughly $10,000 per square foot when it's all said and done.
Very similar numbers to the Lincoln proposal. The primary difference here
is that Chatham has a year-round population of 6500 which balloons to
30,000 in the warm months and significantly more housing units with a
median value quite a bit higher than Lincoln giving them a much much larger
tax base. The select board had unanimously supported the location and
building, however, at town meeting last week, after two votes, both came
back one vote shy of two-thirds majority.

Just some food for thought.

Kind Regards,

Scott Clary
617-968-5769
Oak Knoll

Sent from a mobile device - please excuse typos and errors