Gosh, that seems a bit premature. Let’s just give them a chance to correct the error first. No one has been harmed yet.

Leslie

On May 21, 2023, at 10:43 PM, Arthur Gleiner <jaglei...@gmail.com> wrote:

These episodes sound like grounds for a class action lawsuit to me.  If the Town is at fault through valid and documented use of their system, they have real liability in my estimation.

On Sun, May 21, 2023 at 1:53 PM Forest Brown <forestbrow...@gmail.com> wrote:
Yes, multiple times I was fined for being late and they would do nothing about it. This is a poor result of an outdated system.

It is 2023, I hope that we can start having cost-free electronic billing and payment soon.

On May 21, 2023, at 1:50 PM, Stephen R. Low <steve....@gordianconcepts.com> wrote:

[copying the Tax Collector on this email]

I have the same (or similar) problem—not with my property tax, but with my auto excise tax.

My check was dated 3/21 and it cleared the bank. I wonder if a batch of the Town’s deposits were improperly recorded (i.e., credited to the wrong account) by the accounting staff?

Regards,
Steve Low

From: Lincoln <lincoln-boun...@lincolntalk.org> On Behalf Of Leslie Turek
Sent: May 20, 2023 4:35 PM
To: <lincoln@lincolntalk.org> <lincoln@lincolntalk.org>
Subject: [LincolnTalk] Erroneous property tax dunning notice

Hi folks,
Today I received a dunning notice for my property tax, even though I paid it on time (and have documentation to prove it). I assume I'll be able to straighten this out with the town, but I have a vague memory of this happening to a bunch of people before, so was just wondering if anyone else had been hit with it this latest time?

Lslie Turek