Dear Lincoln,

If Option C is approved, Codman Rd and Lincoln Rd will be zoned for 18
units per acre, so some 2 acre lots could have up to 36 residences. The
village center will be zoned for 25 units per acre. The new Lincoln
residents, here because of good intention to contribute to housing
development, may be able to walk to Donelan’s (after the reconstruction of
the mall) but surely will likely want to drive to the local CVS, Transfer
Station, Lincoln Library or Town Hall. The new residents will need cars.

The HCAWG has estimated 169 additional units could be built on Codman Rd
alone. Option C as a whole implies that 454 incremental new units could be
built all in the Lincoln Station area. At 1-2 cars per unit that could
result in up to 900 new cars. The generous transfer of land from residents
and the town to an HCA compliant developer would result in a very different
Lincoln than we know now. That is why I am opposed to the inconceivable
rush to approve Option C.

Surely a traffic light will need to be added at one or more intersections.
I live about a mile from Lincoln Station. While I enjoy an occasional walk
or bike ride to Doherty's or my garden at Codman, most of the time I drive
there or through there on my way to 126 or Route 2. Should Option C pass,
putting hundreds of new cars driving on Codman and Lincoln Rd daily, surely
I will now be stopping and driving through traffic lights on my 1 mile
journey.

All of this is unknown because we are being asked to vote on Option C
without a current traffic study and/or maximum potential numbers of new
cars and residential units Option C would allow.

For these reasons, should Option C pass at Town Meeting in March, the
dozens of new residents living on rezoned lots might not have the same
happy walk to shopping and enjoying Lincoln in the way that inspired our
initial generosity. I hope as a town we can come up with a better option
that preserves the character of our town that so many have worked for.

*Below is a screenshot of a slide presented by HCAWG, the notes added in
red are mine.