Lindsay and Katy,

We have received a few complaints over the past few days of musty odor in the
water. We received similar complaints last year at this time. I believe it is
associated with fall turnover of the pond. The water that has been settled at
the bottom of the pond all summer beneath a thermocline gets mixed with the
rest of the pond when the surface water becomes cooler and more dense.

We do try to remove as much organic content as possible by adding a coagulant
before filtration, but this odor has been a challenge for us this time of the
year.

Please contact me directly at
lafal...@lincolntown.org<mailto:lafal...@lincolntown.org> with your home
addresses. I can send out water operators to flush a hydrant near your home,
freshening up the water.

Appreciatively,

Darin

[lincolnseal black&white]