Jennifer,
Why don't you trust Robert Ahlert and David Cuetos who have done excellent
work?
Let it build from the community.  Let the third party join in in case
people can't
deliver.  The consultant can always put together the document.  Let the
analysis and
evaluation be done by competent community members.  They can be invited to
serve in the Committee.  Is there a problem?
Regards,
Bijoy Misra