This is not true.  The HCA does not '"tie our hands."

Just like many  public/private partnerships across the country and
specifically here in Lincoln with Lincoln Woods, Oriole Landing, and
perhaps other developments I am not aware of, the town can work with a
potential developer to increase the percentage of affordable units, using a
range of funds available.

John