I encourage folks to read the candidate interviews here
<https://www.bcheights.com/2023/11/10/meet-newtons-new-city-councilors/>.
The grassroots organization endorsed 11 candidates - 10 of them were
elected.

The citizens' group concerns were very similar to ours, that is,
maintaining influence over developers and ensuring citizens are heard.
Ultimately, it is the town as a whole that should decide, following a
democratic process.

“For-profit developers don’t ever try to lower housing prices,”
[newly-elected Councilor] Lobovits wrote in the statement regarding housing
affordability. “Their redevelopment model is based on pushing rents and
housing prices as high as possible because their only motive is maximizing
profits.”