In some sense people may have a tendency to think that Option E is a
challenge
to the town management.  Personally my reaction was that the new proposal C
was similar to one proposed in 2019 that was seriously objected by all
present
in that public meeting.  That proposal was a precursor to a vote in the town
meeting and the proposal was abandoned.  This new Option C wishes to
bypass the town meeting under the cover of HCA  No solid justification has
not been put forward as to why we think of piling up structures without
thinking of traffic and environment.  Traffic was commented heavily in that
2019 meeting.  The traffic report posted at the town talks about egress and
not of delay and congestion.  A parallel infrastructure project is
necessary
before we squeeze habitation structures in a confined area.
The Select Board's idea to put a proper planning for development
in TownCenter is to be complimented.  It would need a fair amount of
infrastructure planning and expenditure.  All must think constructively
to achieve it.  HCA is a minor affair, we should not sell land at the Town
Center under the excuse of complying to a mistake-ridden state proposal.
The MBTA enhancement is another big-ticket item for the State. .Our town
would benefit with good train service but that is well into the future.
Best regards,
Bijoy Misra