Why isn't this meeting also being conducted over Zoom?  Zoom seems to have
been used for so many other meetings for the town lately, it seems logical to
actually provide a Zoom option for the "important" ones.  (Wasn't there a
state-wide directive allowing them?  Has it expired?)  Is there no way to
verify that the person on the Zoom meeting is a valid voter?  I don't recall
that validating my voting status in-person seemed to be too invasive to be done
over Zoom.
Alternatively, why not allow early voting (although this option is clearly too
late)?  Of course, the actual ballot measures can be changed on the fly, but
generally, the substance remains the same.  If not, in-person voters will
either jump ship or jump on board, depending on if the changes are for the
worse or better.  How is early voting on these issues different than early
voting for a candidate, when there can be an "October Surprise?"
And if there are so many early votes that late changes to the measures do not
get corrected by in-person votes, then we get what we deserve.  Maybe the
process needs to be revisited.  Afterall, if we are supposed to have a
government of, by, and for the people, the people should be able to vote.  We
should strive for 100% participation.  Some people cannot physically make it to
an hours-long meeting.  Others have commitments that preclude them from being
able to spend most of a Saturday sitting in an auditorium.
If there is too much concern about late changes to the measures, maybe the
votes should be collected over the week following the meeting with the
tabulation done the following Saturday. The meeting would still be a forum for
debate and would create the final measures.  People would have time to review
any last-minute changes and get their ballots into the town.

Chris Csendes27 Tabor Hill Rd.
(I am sorry if my relatively recent introduction to the town meeting process
has burden me with silly questions.)

    On Friday, December 1, 2023 at 06:41:26 PM EST, Sara Kooima