Dear Fellow Lincoln Residents,
I want to express my gratitude, as others have done, to the teams that
worked on the plans we voted on this past Saturday. There were some
bitterly contested issues, and attitudes were expressed that verged on
personal attacks. Clearly, there are very strong feelings involved, which
is as it should be - these are very central concerns for all of us. Alas,
the option I liked was not the one most preferred by the community.
However, the members of the various committees - I especially want to thank
Jennifer Glass and Michelle Barnes, among others - put much of their own
time and effort into projects that are intended to benefit the community.
There was no personal gain for them, only an expenditure of many hours and
a great deal of difficult work. Personally, I cannot imagine committing to
such an enterprise and feel very lucky to have around me those who are
willing to do so.
Thank you! We are fortunate to have you in our midst.
Debby Greenwald