This is a gem of an opportunity! There is a South Sudanese woman and her 4 year
old  son that arrived a month ago to be with her South Sudanese husband in
Acton. The husband has developed some major health issues and is in the
hospital for the foreseeable future.
He has a mentor-woman in Lincoln- and has for 24 years! But the case is
complex, and the mentor just became a grandmother, so she doesn't have as much
time as she feels is necessary.
The woman needs a friend- someone to visit and call her. She is incredible and
strong. The four-year-old is going to camp this summer and will start school in
September. He is smart and very cute.
This would require about 2-4 hours a week....but...your life will change
forever.  The volunteer would need to have a clean CORi. There is support from
SSEF and the mentor who is absolutely incredible. AND the family lives right
near Donelon's in Acton- so easy.
If you are interested, please email me or call me at 781-424-8774.
susanwins...@comcast.net mailto:susanwins...@comcast.net
This new volunteer needs to be a female- South Sudanese (and Americans!) don't
like men to be with their wives in their home.

This is a  lovely lovely family. In Acton also is the husbands' child from
previous marriage. She is 9 and full of beans and lives with her mother in
Acton. She is doing great and is a big help with the 4 year old with whom she
is in love. She is going to camp this summer and school in the Fall.
I am eager to have this person start as soon as possible.
Susan

Susan Winship, LICSW
Executive Director
South Sudanese Enrichment for Families