The Select Board and Town Moderator invite applications for membership on the
Town Meeting Study Committee (TMSC).

The Town of Lincoln is an organization that believes that board and committee
diversity strengthens performance, integrity, trust, and partnerships with our
staff, community, and guests.

Town Meeting is the cornerstone of Lincoln's form of government.  It serves as
our legislative body, the place where we come together as a community to debate
and vote on budgets, capital projects, bylaws including zoning, and a broad
variety of citizen petitions.  The collective decisions we make at Town
Meeting, and as sometimes affirmed at the ballot box, shape the quality of life
that makes Lincoln the community we all cherish.  Together we are the stewards
of the Town and the body politic.  The future vitality of Town Meeting requires
that voters trust that it is being administered fairly and in keeping with the
values of the community.

The Town Meeting Study Committee (TMSC) will serve as an advisory committee to
the Select Board and Town Moderator.  It will examine our current Town Meeting
procedures, identify what is working well and not, and develop possible
strategies for improvement.  The TMSC will engage the public throughout the
process so that a full diversity of views is represented.  The full text of the
Committee's charge can be found on the TMSC webpage:
https://www.lincolntown.org/1509/Town-Meeting-Study-Committee.

The application form is available on the above webpage as well.  The
application form should be e-mailed to
t...@lincolntown.org<mailto:t...@lincolntown.org> not later than close of
business, October 14, 2024.  Interviews will be conducted, and appointments
made, during the Select Board's meeting on the evening of October 21, 2024.  It
is anticipated that the Committee will begin meeting shortly thereafter, and
that it will meet approximately 1 - 2 times per month, as determined by the
Committee.  The days/times the TMSC meets will be determined by its members.
The charge includes a timeline with key milestones, with the expectation that
the Committee's work will take 12 - 18 months.  The TMSC will be supported by
the Town Administrator and Town Counsel and will have access to the reports
generated by similar committees in communities across the state and by other
municipal organizations.

Whether you are new to Town or a long-time resident, have never been to Town
Meeting or are a regular attendee, we welcome your participation!!! The
long-term effectiveness of Town Meeting hinges on the representation of ALL
viewpoints.

Kim Bodnar, Chair
Sarah Cannon Holden                                                 Tim Higgins
Jennifer Glass
Town Moderator
Town Administrator
Jim Hutchinson