Dear Mengzhu,

If you want to test the hypothesis that the three levels are ordered, your
three options are:

1) Helmert coding (assuming a balanced design, contrast 1 will compare
mean(B) vs. mean (C), contrast 2 will compare mean(A) vs. mean(B, C))
2) Sliding contrast coding (contrast 1 will compare mean(B) vs. mean (C),
contrast 2 will compare mean(A) vs. mean(B)). *<-- I think this is the
strongest test of strict ordering.*
3) Polynomial coding (brrr, not preferred for this)

For any of these, you'd code the three cells as thee conditions of the same
factor, rather than as an interaction of two factors.

For sliding contrast coding, see Zach Burchill's zplyr:
https://rdrr.io/github/burchill/zplyr/man/contr.slide.html

More generally, for coding schemes you might find the following tutorial
from Maureen Gillespie helpful:
https://hlplab.wordpress.com/2010/05/10/mini-womm/

Florian