On 22 Dec 2004, at 06:26,Slava Paperno <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Thanks, Chris--they're 32-bit bitmaps imported as png's, with transparency. I think the fact that this is happening on G4s and not G5s may have to do with processor speed...

I don't know why it should only happen on a G4 (I don't have any trouble with the same code on my PowerBook TI 400 MHz, Dir 10, OS X 10.3.6), but this "alternating" can happen when you are swopping bitmap members. Now I know that you are not swopping members, but this might be a clue!

If you have two members that get swopped on mouseEnter and one member is smaller than the other, then the mouse enters the bigger member, it swops to the smaller member and the computer thinks it has just received a mouseLeave event, so it swops back to the larger member (and thinks it got a mouseEnter event, so swops, ad infinitum).

It might be that the cursor "hotspot" is not actually fully in the sprite, due to the transparency?

Just a thought ;-)
Tony

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety," said Benjamin Franklin.

[To remove yourself from this list, or to change to digest mode, go to http://www.penworks.com/lingo-l.cgi To post messages to the list, email lingo-l@penworks.com (Problems, email [EMAIL PROTECTED]). Lingo-L is for learning and helping with programming Lingo. Thanks!]