-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Ronald
Woodland
Sent: 06 January 2005 17:41
To: Lingo programming discussion list
Subject: Re: <lingo-l> Lingo repeat loop versus other languages

Do you think the development team for Director is doing this on
purpose?  Give me a break.

Director may have faults and even some bugs ...after 10 versions, too.
The people at Macromedia should continue doing everything they can to
build a better product.  But I enjoy the product as it is and I will
enjoy the next version even more ...and with appreciation for their
efforts to improve it.  I have used Director since version 3.  It is a
wonderful development environment for people like me who don't want to
become codeheads, who look at the art and the design first, and then
enjoy the ability to give it life.  Because of Director, I have learned
about OOP structures and I use them in my code and I am more efficient
as a result.  Even though I'm used to the old ways, I even use dot
syntax constructs.  I don't think I would have been able to do these
things in C++ without a lot of formal training in programming.

So what if Lingo is 95 times less efficient than C++ (if we are to
accept the benchmarks submitted so far)?  If you need that kind of
speed, use C++.  For me, Director and Lingo works and it works very
well.  Thank you for a great software tool that gives me a lot of
pleasure to use.

Ronald Woodland -- St. George, Utah  84770
This email is a natural human product.  Slight variations
in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character
and beauty and should in no way be considered flaws
or defects.