Hi Leif,

> Basically, we are traveling through each pixel of the image and adding
> the chars to the string. I tried using:
>
> data = data & chr(col.red) & chr(col.green) & chr(col.blue)
>
> since using "put" seemed too old school, even for and old man like me.
> But I got the same results.

AFAIK, it's the other way round, put ..after... is sometimes faster than
concatenating with the newer syntax. But what makes the addImg method
VERY SLOW is the pixel-wise sampling with getPixel. AddImg is only meant
for very small images that are dynamically created with lingo. In all
other cases you should definetely use external image files and either
AddPng() or AddJpg(). If your images are dynamically created, use some
freeware image export xtra (e.g. sharp) to export them first and then
use the mentioned methods.

Valentin