At 14:18 Uhr -0800 10.03.2005, Roger Jones wrote:
Does anyone have a solution for dealing with password protected PDF. Client wants a CD with ~150 pdfs that could be viewed or printed in the presence of the CD but not be copied from the CD to the HD. Win 32 only.

I looked at the command line open params for acrobat reader but didn't see any mention of passing a password. I found and old technote from 2000 on the pdfxtra site that said the password protection was not currently supported. Do newer versions of the xtra or any other xtra support pdf passwords?

you can use impressario for that matter.

Alternatively I could encrypt the pdf files themselves on the CD but I'd still have to create unencrypted temp files on the HD. Is there a way to decrypt the data to memory and display it or a way to directly embed the PDF data in the cast?

you can embed it as vList binary file into the castlib and write a temporary pdf file with vList, which you display and print with impressario in director

you definately should take a look at impressario. it is a really good option to deal with pdf files in director.

ażex

[To remove yourself from this list, or to change to digest mode, go to http://www.penworks.com/lingo-l.cgi To post messages to the list, email lingo-l@penworks.com (Problems, email [EMAIL PROTECTED]). Lingo-L is for learning and helping with programming Lingo. Thanks!]