i think this is an interesting issue as i never really understoud the docs on this subject,
as i understand, the functionality of creating/deleting castmembers on the fly
is primarily intended for use with dynamic score-creation when authoring a moviefile.
but i also use it all the time for almost anyhthing.

so the movie i start-with is almost emtpy (except for scripts),
and the rest is created/deleted while the movie runs
and (dynamicly created?) graphics and movies are external files,
indexed and filed using FileIO and BuddyAPi-Xtra...

is it so that a projector on startup tries to allocate memory based on the available casts (and -members),
and that memory-shortage may occur after a movie/projector loaded, and one starts to create several castmembers after the initial load?

i work mostly on OSX (mac) where these memory issues will probably only show when there's something very wrong (it's a unix-based system, virtual-memory/swapspace etc..), and i have no idea how problems like these would affect a windows-based system.

what do i need to know about this?
i usually dynamically create all text/field-, bitmap-, flash-, quicktime-, sound- and vector-members,
using external files to occupy them, or just generate and occupy/control them with lingo.

is that a dangerous road to go? So, am i doing it wrong for the past few years? :)

thanks arri