Has anyone build sprintf() function for director yet?
( http://us3.php.net/sprintf )

Seems like it may be very useful for this sort of thing...

Thanks,
~mathew

Valentin Schmidt wrote:
one possible way to do it:

template = "This is"&QUOTE&" && xyz && "&QUOTE&"in context."
xyz = "foo"

s=VOID
do ("s=" &QUOTE& template &QUOTE)
put s
-- "This is foo in context."

Valentin

Stephen M Taylor wrote:

Hi, all.

I have an existing local variable by name "xyz".

I have a list containing the message "This is" && xyz && "in context."

When I call it, the complete phrase arrives as a string.

I need a way to 'interpret' the 'xyz' portion of the message as the
local variable.

Any suggestions? Thanks, in advance.

Steve Taylor

[To remove yourself from this list, or to change to digest mode, go to http://www.penworks.com/lingo-l.cgi To post messages to the list, email lingo-l@penworks.com (Problems, email [EMAIL PROTECTED]). Lingo-L is for learning and helping with programming Lingo. Thanks!]