Alex da Franca wrote:
Am 30.06.2005 um 16:53 schrieb Brennan Young:

Here's an interesting one.

it is a FOL, that director can't intercept (?) events, which are
generated from xtras.
it is the same with MUI callbacks for example.
any error fails gracefully (??) and must be handled by the "owner" of
the event, which is the xtra.

Hi Brennan, hi Alex,

thanx for the info. A workaround would be to let the callback create a timeout object (see code below which does succesfully throw an error). So, I wonder, maybe it would be a good habit to ALWAYS use 1ms-timout-objects for xtra callbacks? What do you think?

Valentin

-- throws an error
property xmlparser

on beginsprite me
 thisURL = "http://www.w3schools.com/xml/note.xml";
 xmlparser = new(xtra "xmlparser")
 xmlparser.parseURL(thisURL, #parseDone, me)
end

on parseDone me
 put "DONE"
 err = xmlparser.getError()
 if voidP (err) or err = "" then -- parse successful?
   timeOut("timer1").new(1, #foo, me)
 end if
end

on foo me
 timeOut("timer1").forget()
 l = xmlparser.makelist()
 put l[0] -- deliberate error (index out of range)
 alert "This never happens"
end