At 9:25 AM -0700 8/17/05, you wrote:
DIR 8.5.1 / XP PRO

The following behavior is attached to 3 editable sprites. The idea is
to tab to the next sprite if the user hits the RETURN KEY instead of
the TAB KEY.  Trying to program for user behavior, you see.  "I hit
the Return Key and it does nothing," the new user said.  So, in my
attempts to write simple, elegant code, I have failed in performance.
Clues? Hints?

it sounds as if you would like the RETURN key to move the focus to the next editable field?

try setting the 'the KeyboardFocusSprite' (it's in the Lingo dictionary)

-Buzz

on keyDown me
  if the key = ENTER or the key = RETURN then
    TAB
  else
    pass
  end if
end keyDown

TIA,
John

[To remove yourself from this list, or to change to digest mode, go to http://www.penworks.com/lingo-l.cgi To post messages to the list, email lingo-l@penworks.com (Problems, email [EMAIL PROTECTED]). Lingo-L is for learning and helping with programming Lingo. Thanks!]