hi tim,

look up
   proxyServer(serverType, "ipAddress", portNum)
in the help.

you can either get the proxy server's IP from the registry (pc, require's some (free) xtra; on the mac there is propably some comand to use with shell xtra), or let the user specify it manually.

valentin

Tim Welford wrote:
Hi,

Anyone know how I can use things like getNettext when the computer
uses
a proxy server to access the internet.

Do I need to use a 3rd party xtra like UltimateNetXtra, or is there a
way with just normal director lingo (MX 04)

Thanks

Tim

[To remove yourself from this list, or to change to digest mode, go
to http://www.penworks.com/lingo-l.cgi  To post messages to the list,
email lingo-l@penworks.com  (Problems, email
[EMAIL PROTECTED]). Lingo-L is for learning and helping with
programming Lingo. Thanks!]