Perhaps I didn't make myself clear.
What I meant was to use Director as a shell, and use the IE component to display the web content. That way you can implement the timeout and all the navigation (including which web docs will be displayed where) in Director/lingo. I know for a fact that the IE ActiveXobject can be inserted into Dir as an ActiveX control, and from my use of the (identical) object in c# that this provides enough flexibility for a kiosk situation.