Yes, becasue most people have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA what this Unicdoe
issue is and are compeltely perplexed that Director does not support
it (mind I am too!!!)

And the work arounds are so time consuming and in my case impossible
(I mean how do you create a workaround for charactersets you don't
even knopw will be used? My app will be rolled out globally and I
cannot make a work around for every character set now, isn't it. I
might as well do that for Adobe directly! ;)

It is very frustrating as I am faced with re-creating the project in
something else or scrap it, which I don't think they'll like very
much?

Or do you know another dev tool that can be used to create a suite of
software apps that allow you to translate content into other
languages, then select / compile courses from a HUGE pool of content
(using various tree View style menus), store these course on your
disk, include a certain degree of hard disk admin, then create the set
of files for the final course to go onto the DVD (including the
autorun file, .ico file, etc.), and then go and burn the DVD AS WELL?

Flash can do bits and pieces, but can it burn DVDs? Does it have a
close access to the machines OS as Director - I don't think so. Does
it have Xtras, or the possibility to write one if you need some more
featurs? - I don't think so!

Nik

Yeah, great fun explaining that to your boss... I had the same problem when
suddenly a major client wanted their corporate CD-ROM in Chinese a couple of
years back, and they weren't prepared to pay for all the extra work required to
work around the lack of Unicode support... Really fun getting slapped around
for using a MM product for which you have nothing to do with it's lack of
up-to-dateness...

Chris.