Hi list...

I'm reading in an XML file with fileIO and in the original test file I
made, I got a few extra weird characters before the <?xml?> tag. They're
not there now, after I've created a new .txt file and renamed it .xml.
But, other people will be editing this xml file, so how can I be sure
those characters won't creep in again?  I suspect it had something to do
with encoding.  Aren't' there some bits that either appear or don't
appear at the beginning of a file depending on encoding?  I'm not sure,
anyone have some thoughts?

Thanks,
- Michael M.