>Hi Lingo L,
>
>A project I'm working on could potentially generate a lot of data
>that will need to be archived.  I'd prefer to store it in some
>compressed form (i.e. zipped) but I can't find an Xtra that will
>handle the job.  Any ideas?

If at runtime your data are stored in Lingo lists, you could use my
Xtra vList to save them in an external (binary) file. For that
functionality you can use the Xtra for free.

You have also an option to transparently compress the files using zip
algorithms.
--

Daniel Devolder

Check my vList Xtra for saving Lingo values and lists with optional
ZIP compression and encryption

http://www.updatestage.com/xtras/vlist.html