At 14:51 -0500 02/06/2002, the nightboy wrote:

>Unfortunately the images that we are importing are PNGs and they are
>projected at 100x100'.

Projection size !an issue. I take it you are pivoting 2D images
"live" around a regpoint.

Well, foo. Preloading won't help you there.

Up the memory allocation, I guess, and try to make sure as little as
possible is going on in the background.

I suppose you could use a MIAW to compose a set of cast members (by
taking the MIAW image as you rotate the graphic) and then create a
filmloop of that. This is perhaps a bit crufty but at least you'd be
able to preload the thing then, and that might smooth it out.

Are you using a behavior to do this? A la:

   on exitFrame me
     sprite(me.spriteNum).rotation = sprite(me.spriteNum).rotation + 1
   end

...? I'm thinking that if it's in a frame loop like that, and you're
not performing any other Lingo calcs or operations in the meantime,
you've probably got it as smooth as you're going to under code
control.

--

              Warren Ockrassa | http://www.nightwares.com/
  Director help | Free files | Sample chapters | Freelance | Consulting