> FWIW, I reckon QT has to be the best bet - depending on
> quality/codec/windowSize issues. The major hiccup is that you
> need to restart your projector after an install. And work
> around the flashes.

Well, yes and no... Depending on just how sure you want to be, and who
your potential clients are.

True story: A company I used to work for got a job from a major
corporate client, who wanted an internal Cd-Rom presentation, which
included a video. They mainly had PCs but also wanted it to be Mac
compatible. That company had an odd policy that nothing, NOTHING can be
installed without some kind of special corporation-wide approval. They
still had Windows 95 because of that, and not for lack of money. They
had no QuickTime, and wouldn't install it either.

So what do we do?
Provide two movies: an Mpeg using DirectMedia for the PC and a QuickTime
for the mac. Then I (as the programmer) used platform sniffer script and
loaded an external castlib accordingly. The windows castlib had the Mpeg
as a DirectMedia Xtra cast member and the mac castlib had the link to
the Quicktime. Why? Having the DirectMedia Xtra cast member on the mac
produces an error (any Tabuleiro people following this thread? ;)

This might be an overkill, but for this project nothing else could do
the trick. For most cases, you'd probably be safe with QuickTime, and
for PC-only I'd recommend DirectMedia (but not MpegXtra3, it's outdated
and provides limited OS support).

Karina