> This code was purchased when I bought my buddy API application. It was an
> add-on offered. Specifically, it is the "open PDF file" AND the "open any
> file" behavior.
>
> In the past, I've always used the \ mark and it has worked. There is a
> checkbox for assigning a relative filepath. You're right, it was a typo.
>
> Hopefully, this sheds some light on the issue.

This is making much more sense now. You should have mentioned the fact that
it was a "packaged" behavior and not code you had written yourself in your
original post.

Regardless, a look at the code would allow us to be much more helpful to
you. It's possible that there's an obsolete bit o' lingo in there (maybe
"the pathname"), one of those things that has been phased out but *might*
still work in a later version. Or, it might be using the applicationPath,
and might ignore the following (from the help):

"If you use the applicationPath followed by & and a path to a subfolder,
enclose the entire expression in parentheses so that Lingo parses the
expression as one phrase."

That looks like one of those things that might not always be a failing line
of code, but is a flaky one.

Can you cut and paste the guts of the behavior for us? Can't spot the error
in something we can't see.

-Kurt