I am considering creating a movie that uses  QuickTime VR (Panoramic).
The version to be used would be Quick Time 3, which is fairly common.

Macromedia's Director support section says that bundling the Xtra with the
movie can create problems for certain end users.  Are there any
disadvantages of Putting the Xtra in a separate folder? (The end product is
a CD-ROM, and my desire is to create an application that can be used on MOST
computers, with or without an internet connection).