Hi

We have bought the DirectComm Xtra and I was wondering I need to find the
port where the modem is installed. so I do a repeat function to read COM1
through 9. He finds my modem at port 3. Now if there are other devices
installed like a handheld or a mouse they are also connected to a COM port.
Now i have to be certain that my script only detects if there is a modem
installed or not.

Now a couple of questions:
Can directComm only communicates with a modem or other devices too?

I send an ATi3 command to the port. Is this command only valid for modems or
for other devices too?

Conclusion how can I be certain that when I exit my repeat function the
result of my ports is only my modem while other devices may be installed
also.

Thx for helping me out here

Tom Vandenbossche