In the next couple of weeks, I'll be starting on  a project that supports
two languages. Instead of switching external casts, I'm planning to have two
versions of each asset whose name is prefixed with a language identifier
tag. (e.g. e for english and a for arabic). When the language is switched,
I'll use sendallsprites to send a message telling the sprites to change to
the proper version. Also, each sprite will initialize on beginsprite to the
proper version depending on which language is chosen.

While swapping an external cast is a option, I've had one to many problems
with external casts in the past.

Kevan Dettelbach
Lunny Communications

---
I've made a project in several languages. When they f.ex choose for english
the external cast will switch to the english version. Common thing I think.
I used this isn several other projects too and it always worked. Now in this
project when I change from movie to movie I always get a white flash between
the two movies. I've never had that before.

This is the script I use

on preparemovie
  set the filename of castlib "switch.cst" to "switch" & string(glanguage)
&".cst"
  updatestage
end

the cast has just a 30 text-castmembers so It's not loaded or something.

When I remove the script the flash is gone

Any suggestions?

Tom