>I want to create a shockwave movie, playing on the web, that creates an
>image based on an image that the user can - if he wants to - import from his
>own harddisk. I know that shockwave cannot access the user's harddisk. Is
>there ANY solution, maybe with the help of an Xtra to do that nevertheless?

If you can convince the user to copy the image, by viewing it in a
paint program and doing a copy (or by screen shot if you have to),
you can use pasteclipboardintomember to get it into the shockwave
movie. One problem though is that since about shockwave 8, the user
gets pestered with a security dialog each time you do that. Otherwise
it works well.