Hi,

the question is this:

I have a movie loading from CD-ROM. I'm trying to set the preload so that
all the buttons work as soon as the movie is loaded. I have tried the
following options:

preloading the cast after frame one. This loads perfectly - but the time it
takes makes for a static frame one for quite some time.
usng the idle load command: with this I can put an animation in frame one
that will end once the selected frames are loaded. the problem with this is
that the loaded assets still have to be decompressed, so causing the movie
buttons to once more become unresponsive.

Does anyone know a way of setting the start of a movie up so that the
effectiveness of the preload option can be combined with having an animation
in frame one? - ie  work around decompression problem and/or work around the
need for the director movie to remain static whilst the cast is loading. is
there any lingo command to force decompression once the selected frames have
been loaded? Is there any way of running an effective, small animation
whilst director preloads a cast before frame one?

the movie cast size is about 6 to 7 MB excluding three qt movies, which I
can use in a different cast if necessary.

Any help would be appreciated

Simon