At 11:54 +0000 03/07/2002, tushar suresh joshi wrote:

>I want the user to type in only numbers in a field and if backspace
>or delete key is pressed it should work as normal bakspace and
>delete key works

Probably the easiest thing to do would be to attach this behavior to
the #text or #field sprite in question:

on beginSprite me

   -- Set up the sprite on the stage

   sprite(me.spriteNum).member.text = ""
   sprite(me.spriteNum).member.editable = TRUE

end

on keyDown me

   nKey = charToNum ( the key )

   -- ASCII 48 = 0
   -- ASCII 57 = 9
   -- ASCII 8 = backspace
   -- ASCII 127 = delete

   if ( nKey >= 48 and nKey <= 57 ) or nKey = 8 or nKey = 127 then

     -- Let it through
     pass

   else

     BEEP
     stopEvent

   end if

end

Hope this helps!

--

              Warren Ockrassa | http://www.nightwares.com/
  Director help | Free files | Sample chapters | Freelance | Consulting