hi buzz..
If i have many button .. I can't insert the next character in to the display textfield.
like this .. (button1 contains character ABC,button2 contains character DEF,button3
contans GHI)
1st click on1st button ...A
1st click on2nd button ..AD
2nd click on 3rd button .. ADH
3rd click on next button.......
& so on ...

1.How to solve this problem?
2.Which Xtra ?

At 8:58 AM +0700 3/18/02, you wrote:
>Hi..List
>Any body know how to create many character by  only one button like
>SMS on mobile phone.. when a user click send button it show message
>in text field..
>
>1st click .. type "A" and display in a textfield. 2nd click .. type
>"B". 3rd click type "C" ...and so on ..How to do something like
>this..?

It's pretty straightforward.  I just used a counter (whichChar) to
sequence through the letters of the string.

property myString, whichChar

on beginSprite me
   member("displayText").text = ""
   myString = "ABC"
   whichChar = 1
   put myString.length
end

on mouseDown me
   member("displayText").text = myString.char[1..whichChar]
   whichChar = (whichChar) mod (myString.length) + 1
end

place the behavior on your 'SEND' button.
(& it assumes the Text member is named 'displayText')

It currently puts "A", then "AB", then "ABC" into the text member.

If you had wanted "A", then "B", then "C" instead, then
change 'myString.char[1..whichChar]' to 'myString.char[whichChar]'

hth

-Buzz

>Is it possible to send SMS from lingo to mobilephone?

probably, using an Xtra