At 01:54 -0800 03/26/2002, nitin sharma wrote:

>its really works.

Aha, good! Having fun with it, I hope. ;)

>all scripts running fine. i gave two event one is
>on rightmouseup
>for deselect the text(make uneditable text)

Aha, very clever.

>and second is
>on doubleclick
>for select text(make editable text)
>when i m selecting text(making editable text) i have
>to little drag mouse then its make editable sprite.
>any idea why its happing.

Wow, that's a strange one. Are you doing the testing for mouseUp or
mouseDown? (I'd do mouseUp, myself.) But as to why you'd have to move
the sprite first before its mouseUp can detect a double-click, I have
no idea. Could be a Director glitch.

How about this. After creating the sprite and attaching its mouse
behavior top it (editable, color, etc), add this line:

   sendSprite ( whatever, #mouseUp )

This will simulate a click, but not a double-click. Perhaps that will
"wake up" the sprite.

Thus the modified code would be:

   on CreateTextSprite me, nOpenSprite

     mNewText = new ( #text )
     mNewText.editable = TRUE
     puppetSprite nOpenSprite, TRUE
     sprite(nOpenSprite).member = mNewText
     sprite(nOpensprite).moveablesprite=true
     sprite(nOpenSprite).ink = 36
     oScript = new ( script "makeEditable" )
     sprite(nOpenSprite).scriptInstanceList = [ oScript ]
     sendSprite ( nOpenSprite, #mouseUp )

   END CreateTextSprite

Don't know if that will work or not. But then I don't know why you'd
be having the trouble you are now either. ;)

--

              Warren Ockrassa | http://www.nightwares.com/
  Director help | Free files | Sample chapters | Freelance | Consulting