On Wed, 3 Apr 2002 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Hey all - I've just been told by a company I did 2 apps for that they get
> crashes with a memory not being free error for the QT xtra -- basically
> I'm flipping the qt member to new Qt's by changing the filename....and
> there are a LOT of QT. Is the problem one where the video is not getting
> unloaded? They fixed the problem by going old school and splitting the one
> quicktime flip to multiple qt/frames, but it's kind of a 'dumb' fix....

Yeah, there was a discussion about this on the list last month sometime
(as I recall) -- hit the archives. The discussion had to do with (as I
recall) interim frames being saved in RAM and not being properly cleared
before a given QT file was unloaded, resulting in leaks. There were
workaround suggestions too.

Actually maybe that discussion took place in February, not March.

-- WthmO