At 01:41 -0700 04/09/2002, nitin sharma wrote:

>is there any way to this thing. by that i can give
>that facility to user that he can change the any
>property of any sprite, in run time.

Again, you can try attaching scripts dynamically as behaviors using
the scriptInstanceList command. You cna also use setScriptList, which
is considerably trickier, but allwos you to actually set properties
on the fly that are retained when the movie is saved (just as you
would with the behavior dialog box, but in runtime, and without
having to use the dlog box).

These are rather tortuously complex operations to perform. I'd
suggest starting really simply with something like this, a new
behavior:

   on beginSprite me
     put me.spriteNum
   end

...and then attaching that to a sprite you've made using scriptInstanceList.

I'm not sure exactly what it is you're going after any more. I
thought you'd gotten to the point, somewhat earlier, that you could
set scripts dynamically at runtime, and could change properties on
the fly. This is beginning to sound a lot like a project you're doing
for a client; if that's the case perhaps a description of what,
precisely, you want to accomplish might be helpful.

Please note that opening up the Director command suite to outside
users in a context other than the Director UI itself (if that's what
you want to do) is entirely doable, but requires some pretty
comprehensive programming skills in Director and Lingo, as well as
quite a lot of practice simply creating huge quantities of code...

--

              Warren Ockrassa | http://www.nightwares.com/
  Director help | Free files | Sample chapters | Freelance | Consulting