the load and unload events really are not like begin and endsprite,
because they do not correspond to when a clip enters and exits the
timeline like a sprite. They are called whenever a clips is loaded and
unloaded and that can happen more or less often than you would expect if
you are thinking of these things like sprites. onEnterframe is the only
frame event you have in Flash, I'm not sure where it stands in
relationship to the screen redrawing, ie whether or not it is called
before the first update of the frame it is on or just after...if it's
like Director then enterframe is called right after the screen redraws
before anything else...I THINK that's why it's called enterframe...not
exactly sure about that...

Anyway, the best thing is to just learn MX, and try not to think of it
like Director at all. Just use what you know about multimedia in general
and carry it over, but take Flash for what it is.