That Xtra (QD#D) is from the Director 5 release.
It used Quicktime's 3D extensions

Are these installed? (they're an optional part of Quicktime)
(It certainly won't work without the Quicktime bits installed)

Also: the Xtra may no longer work in Director versions as recent as d8.
(I'm not sure if I've run it since d7 & I don't seem to have a copy
of the Xtra around to give it a try)

Also: it also may have trouble working in newer operating systems.

Conclusion:
If you are interested in doing 3D in Director, the Shockwave 3D Xtra
introduced in Director 8.5 is a MUCH BETTER path to follow (QD3D is a
dead end). It's the real deal.

good luck

hth

-Buzz