Hey Nik,

Do a search on director-online. There was an article a while back, I
believe by Colin Holgate, that talked about hacking your director
documents so they can be opened with earlier versions of director.

 actually I just did a quick search, here is the url...

http://www.director-online.com/accessArticle.cfm?id=1034

Rob