-----Ursprungliche Nachricht-----
Von: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]Im Auftrag von Howdy-Tzi
Gesendet: Montag, 3. Juni 2002 17:20
An: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Betreff: Re: AW: AW: AW: AW: <lingo-l> logical terms

At 03:48 +0200 06/01/2002, Michael von Aichberger wrote:

>It's more like:
>
>"give me that particular picture if it has either a cat or a dog in it and
>is yellow"
>
>I don't see why I should run through all files with the one question and
>then through all the files again with the other question.
>
>The program should be able to make its decision right away.

But the only way it can do that is by searching. Even if you
hard-code all the possible options in the universe into your program,
it will still, on some level or another, have to do some and/or/not
searching. It's unavoidable.

--

              Warren Ockrassa | http://www.nightwares.com/
  Director help | Free files | Sample chapters | Freelance | Consulting