Absolutely!  Read a bit on the .ref lingo for text members. You can build
a property list for a text sprite that will color lines (or change fonts,
sizes, etc) based on this list, ie

myRef = sprite(mysprite).member.char[1..10].ref
myRef.color  = rgb(0,255,0)

would change the characters 1 through 10 green.

Cool thing about refs is that they can use any kind of chunk expression so
myRef = sprite(mySprite).member.text.line[3]

would hold line 3 as the reference.