Sorry that I wasn't clear...

I didn't mean that I was going to try to SET duration.  I meant that if I had a
list of things in a queue like:

["sound1","flash1","sound2","flash2"]

I would:

A. get the duration of the sound1 (call it N milliseconds)
B. start the sound playing
C. spawn a timeout to trigger in N milliseconds that would tell me that the
sound is done and I can move onto the next thing in the queue

So in essence I'm thinking of triggering an event that tells me that the sound
is done but avoid using the exitFrame/soundBusy solution.