There is a new version up. I've incorporated Robert's request for hiding
and moving. I have not thoroughly tested this on all major browsers but
it's a start for playing around with. Tonight I just ran it on windows
on IE 5.5 and NS 6. Interesting thing with the show hide code is that it
works on IE but not NS 6, although that same code will work on layers
that don't have shockwave in them. Movement is fine in both cases.

I've also added a movie that tracks mouse events outside of the
shockwave movie and based on location will report on them. This could be
used to track whether a submit button has been clicked (assuming you
could keep relative location accurate across browsers) and if the submit
button posts data to your server the shockwave movie could then go and
extract that data and refresh its content without reloading as with the
layered approach. Yeah its a brutal hack but it could work.

So looking at javascript to shockwave communication the approach might
be to sniff for the browser and use a different method based on the browser.

Browser         OS              Method
IE 4 and 5      Win             EvalScript
IE 6            Win
        I haven't tested yet
NS 4            Win/Mac
        evalScript
NS 6            Win/Mac
        layered or external mouse tracking
IE 5            Mac
        layered or external mouse tracking

Hope that helps you out, Tab. (don't you just hate browsers :-)

Rob

PS if anyone else has time to check this out on various browser
combinations I'd be interested in hearing your results.